Nov 27, 2012

A Pleasant Surprise...


The three best parts of my daily routine all have to do with Monica.  Getting to wake up beside her every morning; getting to kiss her goodnight every night and tell her how much I love her, and getting to see her in the afternoon when I get home from work.  Those are the things that make everything else melt away.  It isn't uncommon at all for her to ask me how my day at work was, and for my reply to be... "What day?"  It just doesn't matter once I get to see her in the afternoon.  I highly recommend that all of you seek out a Monica so that you can understand just how fortunate I am.  This afternoon, after dispensing with our daily mushy stuff, she surprised me with this little nugget:

Steve Shelton: 5 Key Performances

I knew about the Modern Drummer article months before it came out, but I had no idea there would be anything else.  That Hank Shteamer is a sneaky one!  You can also link to this article via the "Links" list ( Modern Drummer: 5 Songs to Check Out ) that appears on the right side of any page that you check out here at The Poundry.  Another plus to this article: I finally have a picture that doesn't make me look homeless!  My apologies to anyone who may be homeless now or was in the past.  If you could see some of the pictures I'm referring to you could probably make the argument that you never looked quite that rough.  I will concede that point in advance.  Craig thought I was joking about how I look in photos until he saw one of the pictures he snapped last weekend.  I like to think that seeing pictures of me makes everyone else feel better about themselves.  It ain't pretty!  

Thanks yet again, Mr. Shteamer!

No comments:

Post a Comment